At the highest level of athletic competition margins are minimal. Everyone is athletically very gifted, disciplined and hard-working. However, athletic talent and hard work are not enough to become the best.
The Sports Capacity Assessments identifies an athletes’ greatest strengths and how to use them to improve performance and gain a competitive advantage.
The assessments were designed for elite athletes who are presently competing at:
- Professional, semi-professional or national level
- NCAA intercollegiate level
- Lower levels, but determinedly striving to reach the above levels
The Sports Capacity Assessments were developed with both individual and team sport athletes and coaches in professional and national level athletics. All assessments are very intuitive. You will not spend time learning to interpret the report.
I’m always looking for the special trait or quality that separates somebody. Once we latch onto that and make them understand that we see who they are and what they are, then we can take them places they wouldn’t go otherwise.– Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks Head Coach
Sports Capacity Assessment – Individual Reports:
Once an athlete completes the questionnaire only ONCE, you have access to all of these reports. You only pay one fee per athlete. You have access to all reports at no additional cost.
Athlete Report – Achieve Your Full Potential
The report includes:
- Sport Competence scores
- Strengths and challenges of each Sports Competence
- Tips on how to manage and leverage each competence.
- Individualized questions designed to help the athletes to identify how well and extensively they have succeeded in utilizing these competences.
- Barriers to athletes’ development and success.
The tool measures what competences are the athletes’ greatest strengths, and which ones represent potential blockades to reaching the top. Every competence is further broken down to three sub-competences to provide a deeper understanding on what to do and how to improve.
Coach’s Report – Develop Winners
The report includes:
- Athletes’ Sports Competences scores
- Impact of competences on athletic performance
- How to best approach and coach athlete with their unique sports competences
- Breaks-down of every competence into three sub-competences to provide a deeper understanding on how to best coach the athlete
- SPORTS INDEX – How well the athlete is aware of their strengths and how strong those strengths are
- TRAINING INDEX – How strong the athlete considers the competences mostly relating to training environment are
- COMPETITION INDEX – How strong the athlete considers the competences mostly relating to competition environment are
The Coach’s report also allows the comparison of the results with other athletes in the same sport.
Sports Capacity Assessment – Team Reports:
Athletes Sports Competence Scores.
Team Competence Table
Distribution of the team members Sports Competences to identify:
- Team members’ strengths
- Competences the members want to try to make their strengths, succeeding occasionally or not quite fully reaching full proficiency.
- What are not the team members’ strengths
Team Competence Summary
How to coach the team and every athlete with every Sports Competence.
Team Index Summary
Team members Sports Index, Training Index, and Competition Index Scores.
What are the Sports Competences?
Sports Capacity Assessment measures 18 competences that create a competitive advantage for an athlete to reach the top. The assessment identifies those competences that an athlete should focus on to reach their goals:
“I am still cocky, because that is what winners do.” – Lindsay Vonn
“Most of us have morning rituals, but mine is probably stricter than most.” – Novak Djokovic
“Be the hardest working person you can be. That’s how you separate yourself from the competition.” – Stephen Curry
“I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion.’” – Muhammed Ali
“Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, some make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
Rhythm & Flow
“I was already on pole, … and I just kept going. Suddenly I was nearly two seconds faster than anybody else, including my team mate with the same car. And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension. It was like I was in a tunnel.” – Ayrton Senna
“You have to focus on the process. You cannot be glued to the results.” – Ivan Lendl
“I have probably jumped more meters than I will ever walk.” – Matti Nykänen
“It doesn’t matter what else is going on. When you walk into your arena or your – whatever you excel at, you’re there to take care of the job that you have to do.” – Michael Phelps
“To be the best you need the best.” – Christiano Ronaldo
“Everybody loves success, but they hate successful people.” – John McEnroe
“Kill them with success and bury them with a smile.” – Usain Bolt
“My greatest point is my persistence. I never give up in a match. However down I am, I fight until the last ball. My list of matches shows that I have turned a great many so-called irretrievable defeats into victories.” – Björn Borg
“I wasn’t naturally gifted in terms of size and speed; everything I did in hockey I worked for.” – Wayne Gretzky
“I like the pressure.” – Jaromir Jagr
“I have learned from the last couple of tournaments that what helped me the most was that I just focused on the preparation – I have always been through and that helped me through games.” – Kiearan Read
“Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
“I get the feeling people respect me and that there is affection for me. That makes me happy.” – Andres Iniesta
Sports, Training, & Competitive Indices:
The Sports Competence Assessment also measures:
- The Sports Index – How well the athlete is aware of their strengths and how strong those strengths are.
- The Training Index – How strong the athlete considers the competences mostly relating to the training environment.
- The Competitive Index – How strong the athlete considers the competences mostly relating to the competition environment.
How Does It Work?
The Sports Competence Assessment online questionnaire has 99 questions and takes about 30 minutes to complete. The results are emailed within minutes.
Pricing, Demos, and Sample Reports?
For more information, please call us at 1.800.257.7481 (+1.281.298.6073) or email customerservice@ExtendedDISC.org
I’ve been sitting hundreds of hours in the Finnish Olympic Committee talking about athlete’s paths to the top – and we have never thought about it from this point of view. This is REVOLUTIONARY!– Tuomas Sammelvuo, Zenit Kazan Coach, Russian Men’s Volleyball National Team Head Coach